Vfit DetoxWeek 2
Butternut Squash Soup
1 large butternut squash
6 medium carrots
1 large onion of choice
2 cloves of garlic
1 tetra pack of organic vegetable stock
Hot sauce (optional)
- In large pot add full tetra pack of organic veggie broth. - Cut butternut squash in half and discard the seeds and goop. Peel outside and discard the skin. Chop into little cubes and throw into broth.
- Peel carrots and chop into smaller bits and add to the pot.
- Chop onion and garlic and add as well.
- Let all the contents simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain cooked vegetables and put into a blender. Add some of the liquid to the blender for an easier puree.
- Once all chunks are pureed, turn stove to low and allow to cook for as long as you desire!
- Add 1-2 cups of soup to a bowl, sprinkle black pepper and cilantro.
Pad Thai Boston Wraps
1 head Boston Lettuce
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp organic/gluten free tamari
¼ cup sunflower butter (or almond butter or sunflower seeds if you have a high powered blender)
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 small tomato (about ¼ cup)
1 Tbsp hot sauce
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp tamarind
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, cut in long, thin slices
2 carrots, cut in long, thin slices
¼ english cucumber, cut in long thin slices
¼ package thin brown rice noodles
2 cups sunflower or bean sprouts
- Arrange a few slices of each veggie, about ¼ cup of cooked noodles, sprouts in a row along centre of Boston Leaf.
- Add noodles first if using and greens last.
- Drizzle on extra sauce.
- Wrap up leaf as best you can!
Messy, but fun!