Vfit DetoxWeek 4
Lemon Chicken Stew
3 tablespoons coconut oil
Freshly ground pepper
1 pound skinless and boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 carrots, sliced
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 cups low sodium veggie stock
1 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup small quinoa or brown rice pasta
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- In an 8-quart casserole stockpot, heat 1 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
- Season each piece of chicken in kosher salt and pepper. Place half of the chicken in the stockpot but do not overcrowd. Cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side then transfer the chicken to a bowl. Brown the remaining chicken in 1 more tablespoons of the oil.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and the carrots, celery and onion to the stockpot and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the sliced leek and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and chicken to the stockpot and cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with tarragon. Season immediately.