Vfit DetoxWeek 4
Quinoa Cran-Chicken Salad
3 large chicken breasts (about 4 lbs.)
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
3/4 cup quinoa (I used red, but any color will work)
1/2 cup chopped scallions
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup slivered almonds
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 cup and 1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. dried sage
salt and pepper to taste
mixed greens to serve as a side salad
- This recipe will be most flavorful if you are able to marinate the chicken overnight.
- Cut the breasts into 3 strips each. Rub the chicken with the chopped garlic, any herb, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in a bowl or baking dish with 1/4 cup of lemon juice and the red wine vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for at least a half hour.
- When the chicken is ready, grill it until completely cooked through.
- When you remove the chicken from the heat, immediately wrap in aluminum foil to save the juice that runs off.
- In the meantime cook the quinoa according the the instruction on the box.
- While the chicken cools a bit, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, and some salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir in the chopped scallions to coat them and add flavor.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, chop into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss the chicken with the quinoa, cranberries, almonds, scallions, and dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with side salad.