Vfit DetoxWeek 2
Wild Rice & Quinoa Power Party
1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked) + 1 cup water
1/2 cup wild rice (uncooked) + 1 cup water
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 onion, finely chopped
4 cups green beans, steamed
2 carrots, grated
1/2 zucchini, spiralized or cut length-wise 3 cups broccoli, steamed
4 leaves of kale, shredded
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- Cook quinoa in water- bringing to a boil and reducing to simmer for about 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. -In a separate pot, cook wild rice in water with onion and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until water absorbed, about 35-40 minutes.
- Allow grains to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together raw and cooked vegetables.
- Add grains and seeds and mix thoroughly.
1/4 cup cold pressed, virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp of coconut sugar (healthiest option) or Maple Syrup
1/2 lemon, juiced (or 2-3 Tbs)
2 Tbs high grade balsamic vinegar
pinch of Arbonne Greens Balance (optional)
sea salt to taste
- In a blender blend together all dressing ingredients. Add lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
- Add dressing to salad and toss thoroughly.